Volunteers are an integral part of our school communities, and we encourage parents and community members to get involved. Please review the following guidelines for Visitors, Category 1 and Category 2 Volunteers. Once all requirements are met and your application is cleared you will receive a "cleared to volunteer at Crete Academy" document.
Volunteer applications must be submitted at least 2 weeks before a field trip or event.
Otherwise, the application may not be processed in time.
Visitors are defined as someone who:
Assists in one-time activities such as guest speaking, job-shadowing, or chaperoning dances
Observes classes through a university-approved program
Visitors must check in at the school site.
If you are volunteering with an organization, you might need to submit additional documents to the school site directly. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
If you have questions or need assistance with your application, please email email@example.com
Category 1 Volunteers* are defined as someone who:
● Assists in activities under DIRECT supervision of a district certificated employee less than four (4) times per year or sixteen (16) total hours per year
Category 1 Volunteers must complete an application. In this application, you will be required to submit a TB test dated within the last 60 days and undergo a Megan's Law background check. (use the link below to complete the volunteer application)
A Category 2 Volunteers are defined as someone who:
● Assists in the classroom or other school activities more than four (4) times per year or sixteen (16) total hours per year
● Has direct contact with students and may be sole adult with student(s) on school field trip
● Has direct contact with students and may be sole adult with student(s) in classroom or other school-related activities on or off school grounds
● Serves as an overnight chaperone
Category 2 Volunteers must complete an application. In this application, you will be required to submit a TB test dated within the last 60 days. Upon completion of this application, you will be prompted to complete a live scan/fingerprinting background check.
Ready to Volunteer? Please carefully review the requirements above, determine if you would like to be a Category 1 or Category 2 volunteer, and read these instructions before starting your application:
Do not start this application unless you are prepared to upload a TB test dated within the last 60 days.
● If you choose to be a Category 2 volunteer, you will be required to complete a live scan/fingerprint background check, please download the form and take it to a location that performs livescan.
● Once you complete this application, click onto the link below to download the livescan form. For Category 2 volunteers: Live scan fingerprinting may be completed with third party services. You MUST use the Crete Academy issued Request for Live Scan Service form.
● All volunteers are required to download, sign and email the volunteer expectations document to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note volunteer applications must be renewed every fours years; this does not include fingerprints.
* All one day event volunteers are considered category 1 volunteers